Dr. Apurva Pande
Dr. Apurva Pande MBBS, MD, DM (Hepatology)
Dr. Apurva Pande is an experienced hepatologist with 5 years of experience in treating liver diseases. He has completed his MBBS from Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore in 2007 and MD in General Medicine from Subharti Medical College, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University in 2013. Later, in 2019, he completed his DM in Hepatology from Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS),New Delhi.
Dr. Apurva started his career as a senior resident after completing his M.D. in the department of internal medicine at Subharti Medical College, Meerut in 2014. From there on he joined the department of hepatology and liver transplant at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences,New Delhi where he worked as a senior resident and completed his DM in 2019. During this period, he gained experience in procedures such as upper and lower gastrointestinal diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures as well as advanced endoscopic procedures like ERCP and EUS.
He is also trained in performing hepatic hemodynamic studies: Hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) measurement and percutaneous and trans jugular liver biopsies.
Areas Of Expertise
- Portal Hypertension
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Liver transplantation
- Association for the study of liver diseases, Boston, USA-November 2019.
- European Association for Study of Liver ,Paris ,France-April 2018
- Symposium on Recent Nutritional Practices in Critically ill, 7th July 2011,Max Superspeciality Hospital,New Delhi, India.
- International Liver Symposium, August 26-28, 2011, Organized by Medanta Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine, Gurgaon, India.
- EUS-Live 17-18th September 2011, Medanta Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences, Gurgaon, India.
- 67th Annual Conference of the Association of Physicians of India, January 2012, Kolkata, India.
- 68th Annual Conference of the Association of Physicians of India, 31st Jan-3rd Feb 2013, Coiambator, India.
- “Efficacy of Carvedilol, endoscopic variceal ligation or combination for prevention of first variceal bleed in Child’s B & C cirrhosis: A randomized controlled trial.”—AASLD 8th to 12th November 2019 , Boston, USA.- Awarded the early career young investigator award.
- Oral Presentation- Pande A, Nandwani S, Saluja M; “Study of clinical profile of patients with hepatitis B presenting to a tertiary care center with complaints of jaundice.” –IAPSMCON UP- UK 2011. 14th -15th October 2011.
- Pande A, Choudhury A, Sarin SK et al “Impact of organ failure in patients with acute on chronic liver failure (ACLF) and the newly defined AARC Liver failure score in predicting 90 days survival- results from APASAL-ACLF Research Consortium (AARC) “- European Association for Study of Liver-Paris, France, April 2018
- Pande A, Goel V.K., Rastogi A, Gupta A;“Thyroid Dysfunction in Cerebro Vascular Accidents” -APICON 2013.
- Jain A, Nandwani S, Pande A, Virmani S.K., Bharadwaj A “Skin Manifestations in Chronic Liver Disease Patients”-CUTICON-2013.