Dr Aravind K S
Dr. Aravind Kidambi Seshadri (HPB Surgery) Consultant – Integrated Liver Care
Dr. Aravind K S is a highly-qualified Consultant in the Department of Integrated Liver Care at Aster RV Hospital in JP Nagar, Bangalore. He is well-known as a Liver Transplant Doctor in one of the best teams of integrated liver care in India.
With many years of experience, Dr Aravind K S is well-versed in liver transplantation and HPB surgery. He was the Consultant Liver Transplant & HPB surgery at Columbia Asia – Medanta, Columbia Asia referral hospital, Bangalore from 2015-2019. He was the Senior Resident in the Department of General Surgery at JIPMER, Puducherry from 2008 – 2012. He was a General Surgery resident at PGIMER Chandigarh, Bangalore India from 2008.
His surgical experience includes surgeries on liver such as Anatomical/non-anatomical/ extended resections, minimally invasive left lateral segmentectomy/ metastasectomy/ cyst excision, and de-roofing. Biliary Tract – Surgery for benign & malignant lesions of the gallbladder, liver resection for hilar cholangiocarcinoma, and laparoscopic surgery for benign biliary diseases.
Pancreas – Pancreato-duodenectomy (+/- venous resection/ reconstruction), distal pancreatectomy/ splenectomy – surgery for chronic pancreatitis. Portal Hypertension surgeries – Shunt surgeries and devascularization procedures. He is an integral part of a team for Liver transplant surgeries such as a Deceased donor/ living donor liver transplant. Hence he is regarded as one of the Best Liver Transplant Surgeons in Bangalore, Karnataka for his expertise in Liver transplant & HPB surgery.
His teaching experience includes proficiency in interactive teaching sessions and also involved in imparting knowledge to Medical students, nursing staff, and health workers for 10 yrs.
He was involved in the role of Cardiopulmonary exercise testing in predicting the early post-transplant course and outcome in living donor liver transplantation for A pilot study from 2013- 2014 at ILBS Delhi, India. He has good experience in Donor safety in LDLT in a low volume centre at Columbia Asia Bangalore.
He completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Bangalore Medical College and Combined Hospitals at Bangalore, India in 2002. He did MCh in HPB Surgery from the Institute of the liver and biliary sciences in New Delhi, India from 2012 – 2015.
He is an expert in handling emergency and management of elective surgical conditions. He has exposure and experience in super-specialities such as surgical gastroenterology (HPB surgery and Liver transplantation).
Areas of Expertise:
- Management of hepatic tumors
- Biliary malignancies like surgery in cirrhotics and portal hypertension
- Living donor liver transplant
- Borderline resectable carcinoma pancreas
- TIPS: A novel use for reducing morbidity after surgery for extra-hepatic intra-abdominal malignancy in patients with cirrhosis: IASG 2013 Kolkata.
- Post-Shunt Myelopathy in NCPH: A unique and challenging undertaking: IASG 2013 Kolkata.
- Biliary complications after living donor living transplantation: initial experience at a teaching hospital: Joint International Congress of ILTS, ELITA & LICAGE at London in June 2014.Pancreaticoduodenectomy in a case of ampullary adenocarcinoma with the circum-portal pancreas (e video): 11th World Congress of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA World Congress 2014).
- Surgery for walled-off pancreatic necrosis: two subgroups: 5th International AOPA Conference on April 2014 in Delhi.
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumor of pancreas-a rare entity: 5th International AOPA Conference on April 2014 in Delhi.
- The outcome of hepatica-enteric anastomosis in cirrhotics: IASG 2014 in Ahmedabad.
- Umbilical hernia in cirrhosis: A sinister complication: IHPBA 2015 in Hyderabad.
- Donor Safety in Living Donor Liver Transplantation at a Low Volume Center: ILTS 2017, Prague.
- Surgical Volume: how to negate its effect on the outcome? – ILTS 2017 Prague.
- Liver resection for HCC in a cirrhotic: Gastrocon in 2017 at Bangalore.
- Venous reconstruction in LDLT; Panelist in ILS 2018 at New Delhi.
- Graduated with honours from Batch of 2015 MCh in HPB Surgery, ILBS, Delhi
- Graduated with honours from Batch of 2008 Masters in General Surgery PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Top 5 percentile from Batch of 2003, Medical College
- Top 1 percentile for State in Undergraduate School