Dr Karthik K Raichurkar
Dr Karthik K Raichurkar is an experienced Hepato-biliary Surgeon with 6 years of Experience in the field of HPB surgery and Liver transplantation. He completed his MBBS from Govt Medical College Mysore in 2007. He Completed his MS Gen Surgery From JIPMER, Puducherry in 2011 and later went on to Complete his Mch GI surgery from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi in 2016. He has completed his Fellowship in Liver transplant from MGR University in Chennai in 2018.
He worked as a Senior Resident in Surgical gastroenterology after Completion of MS, in GEM hospital, which is world renown for Laparoscopic surgery. He gained his expertise in Laparoscopic surgery here. He worked as a Consultant with the Apollo group of hospitals after completing his Fellowship, gaining expertise in the field of Liver Transplantation before Joining the Aster group of hospitals as a part of Integrated Liver care.
Areas of Expertise:
- HPB surgery.
- Portal Hypertension.
- Liver transplantation.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
DISSERTATION TOPIC IN MS Gen Surgery:
Role of ultrasound in predicting the severity of acute pancreatitis under the guidance of Dr Srinivasan, Professor, Department of Surgery, JIPMER.
DISSERTATION TOPICS IN Mch GI surgery:
- Assessment of long-term quality of life following oesophagectomy for carcinoma oesophagus under guidance of Dr Peush Sahni, Professor and head, Dept of GI surgery and Liver transplantation, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Correlation of intraoperative events and postoperative outcomes and quality of life following GI surgical procedures under the guidance of Dr Sujoy Pal, Additional professor, Dept of GI surgery and Liver transplantation, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Poster presentation: Role of ultrasound in predicting the severity of acute pancreatitis IASG (Indian association of surgical gastroenterology) 2011 at Jaipur.
- Awarded Bursary for IHPBA (Indian hepatopancreaticobiliary association) conference in Mumbai in January 2014.
- Paper presentation: Laparoscopic Spleenectomy and devascularisation at IHPBA, Mumbai 2014.
- Paper presentation: Lap versus open Pancreaticoduodenectomy in IHPBA Mumbai 2014.
- Awarded Bursary for IASG (Indian association of surgical gastroenterology) October 2016.
- Best award poster IASG 2016: Prospective validation of Comprehensive complication index (CCI) in GI and hepatobiliary procedures.