The Integrated Liver Care Concept
The complex nature of liver diseases and other hepatobiliary disorders requires a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure best outcome for patients. For the first time, we have established an Integrated Liver Care Program that has medical experts specializing in Advanced Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Liver Transplantation, Hepatology, Critical care, Infectious disease, Hepatobiliary Radiology, and Liver Pathology. In our Integrated Liver Care Clinics, each patient is thoroughly discussed in a multidisciplinary team meeting and following which a scientific and evidence based opinion is given.
Led by a team of exceptional doctors, Aster Integrated Liver Care is one of the most advanced facilities of its kind in India for comprehensive management of complex liver diseases and hepato-biliary disorders in both adults and children.
Trained at some of the best hospitals in the world, our team of doctors comprises highly experienced Hepato Pancreato Biliary & Abdominal Multi-Organ Transplant Surgeons, Hepatologists, advanced Pancreato Biliary Endoscopy experts, Oncologists, Hepato Biliary Radiologists/ Interventional Radiologists, Liver and Transplant Anesthesiologists, Pain and Critical Care experts, Paediatric Intensivists, Infectious Diseases Physicians And Liver Pathologists. With collective expertise of over 2000 liver transplants and over 4000 major liver and pancreatic surgeries, they will assure you the best of medical care.
The team, which also operates out of Aster CMI, Bengaluru, works seamlessly to provide liver care services including management of advanced liver diseases, liver cirrhosis, liver failure, cancers of the liver, various disorders of the gall bladder, bile duct and pancreas, liver transplant (live donor, cadaveric and split liver) and pancreas transplant to patients.
Multidisciplinary in approach, they create customised treatment plans to ensure optimal, evidence-based treatment to patients, with the support of our award-winning team of Nurses, Rehabilitation Experts, Therapists, Dieticians and Technicians.
Our areas of expertise:
- Medical evaluation of patients with complex liver disease
- Management of patients with cirrhosis, end stage liver disease and liver failure
- Intensive care management of acute liver failure
- Multimodality treatment of patients with liver cancer (HCC)
- Liver transplantation (living donor and deceased donor)
- Pediatric liver transplantation
- Complex resection surgeries for liver, biliary tract and pancreatic tumors
- Complex Pancreatobiliary surgery for benign disorders
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Hepato-Pancreatobiliary surgery
- Therapeutic interventional endoscopy techniques (Advanced Endoscopy, ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound)
- Advanced Interventional Hepatobiliary radiology (RF ablation, Chemoembolization and Radioembolization for liver tumors, TIPS procedure, biliary and vascular stenting, trans-jugular liver biopsy)
- Liver pathology
- Expert opinion service – We provide second opinion to patients with liver diseases, who have been evaluated elsewhere.
- Outreach community programs to generate awareness in the society regarding screening and monitoring for common liver diseases